Katie reminded me that I needed to update my blog.. so here I am! People.. I'm going to be real with you.. planning a wedding isn't all glam and glitz. I mean, thinking about Jason and I together forever is worth the planning.. but my heavens, it is not about what color of plastic forks to get, the color of linens, chair sashes and punch bowls!! .....breathe.... it's about Jason and I.. being sealed together so that we may forever be with each other and have a family one day. It's about the covenants (promises) that we're making with our Heavenly Father that we may endure to the end and always follow the teachings and principals of this gospel. It's about the blessings that we will encounter by being sealed together. Buying a home, raising a family, have callings in our church, working hard, helping the sick, being friendly to our neighbors.. we're creating something on May 31st that is eternally sacred. A marriage. A forever bind between Jason and I. There's no end and there really wasn't a begining.. we new from day one that we were going to be together.
I'm very blessed that I was able to recieve my endowments a month ago. 4/26/14 will forever be engraved in my mind. (and for all those who know me, that's a really big accomplishment.. I don't remember ANYTHING.) My Aunt Krystle gave me something so special to me that day.. and it was her being there for me and being my escort. I will forever thank her for helping me and walking me through this monumental experience that I had. I've been through a lot in my life.. but so has everyone else. I have had my trials, experiences, downfalls, scrapes, bruises, heart breaks, mistakes and negetiveness. For me, I was at the lowest of low. But 4/26/14 was the best day of my life thus far. To be able to be worthy enough to take on the blessings that have always been there for me was such an amazing experience.. I always knew I would make it. I just needed a push in the right direction. Jason never gave up on me dating.. he knew my imperfections and looked passed them. He knew my heart. For anyone else, I would've been a lost hope in this forsaken world..(dramatic, I know.. but that's how I feel!) I was beaten down and Jason saw passed all of that. We have had MANY talks on church and beliefs and the future.. Jason and I have grown since last year. We are not the same as we used to be. As much as he helped me, I helped him as well become the person he knew he always wanted to be. Some people say that changing someone is a red flag and that person will pop one day and go back to old habits.. but I see it as, If you truly want to change, you will. for yourself. I needed a push in life. and that's the best way to describe it! and by Jason's amazing example to me, I was able to become the person I knew I always wanted to be. Of course, i'm not nearly there yet, but i'm definitely better than I thought I could be.
I made a life moto and shared it with Jason and now he's going by it! "Being better than I was yesterday." Even if that consists of drinking 3 diet cokes instead of 4! You did it! haha, maybe not that mild for me, but hey.. everyone has a different view on things! For me, I want to become more kind, patient, loving, more service oriented, Patient (did I mention that?) all in all, I just want to be a better me. because i'm not the same anymore and in the words of Al Carraway, "Don't let who you used to be, stop you from who you can become."
9 more days and I get to marry Jason.. We have had such a rocky start with all of the planning but now it's more calm and we both understand the most important part. Jason and I attend the temple twice a week and we love every second of it. We have a goal to attend a different temple each time we go. It's kind of hard since they're scattered all over utah but we are so grateful that we have so many here!
To end, I just want to say that this church is true and i'm so overwhelmed by how much I love attending the temple. I know that Jason and I will be better than we used to be yesterday and we will always strive for that saying. because, we're just not the same anymore and we love it. <3
Church is true : )
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment